Summary: With its ancient culture and the Himalayas as a backdrop, mountainous Nepal is a wealth of centuries-old stupas and temples. Bhutan, with the happiest citizens on earth, is an oasis of tranquillity. On this trip you will enjoy VIP treatment at a tradition...
- Insight Vacations Luxury Gold
- Magnificent Nepal and Bhutan
- Tour Code
- Travel Quality
- Luxury Class, very comfortable
- Kathmandu: Join your Travelling Concierge and mingle with your fellow guests during your Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Thimphu: You're invited into the home of a local family for a delicious home-cooked meal of typical regional fare.
- Ta Dzong: As you move to the next destination, enjoy a sampling of local tea and coffee.
- Paro: Try your hand at cooking some local Bhutanese delicacies in our cooking demonstration with a local chef. See if you can handle the hot red chillies or perhaps the local Bhutanese cheese would be more to your taste?
- Kathmandu: During your Celebration Dinner indulge in delicious Nepalese cuisine.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), 3 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Kathmandu: Ride by rickshaw through the bustling streets of the Thamel district.
- Kathmandu: During sightseeing with your Travelling Concierge see Durbar Square and the ancient Royal Palace complex.
- Thimphu: Enjoy a visit to the bustling weekend local market and taste some of the local delicacies.
- Kathmandu: Visit the holy shrine of Swayambhunath and enjoy the beautiful architecture.
- Kathmandu: Gaze at the marvel of Patan's temple of Teleju and the Statue of Yogendra Malla.
- Kathmandu: Visit a Tibetan Handicraft Centre and see how they make their local crafts.
- Fly to Paro: Experience the top of the world as you fly through the Himalayas to reach Paro.
- Kathmandu: Enjoy a relaxing short flight to Thimphu.
- Thimphu: Enjoy an evening orientation through the city centre with your Travelling Concierge.
- Thimphu: Visit the National Memorial Chorten, dedicated to world peace, along with Tasichho Dzong, known as the fortress of the glorious religion. You will also visit the bustling market, an opportunity to mix with the locals.
- Thimphu: Sightseeing with a Local Expert includes the National Library and the Textile and Folk Heritage Museum. At the School for the Arts, Zorig Chusum, you'll see students learning the 13 traditional arts of Bhutan.
- Punakha: Visit the winter residence of the monk body that is also the capital of Bhutan - Punakha Dzong.
- Punakha: Walk to Chimi Lhakhang temple and admire the magnificent views over the Losesa Valley.
- Ta Dzong: Visit Bhutan's National Museum to see the impressive collection of art and relics.
- Paro: Visit Kyichu Lakhang, one of the oldest and most sacred shrines in the Kingdomand Drugyel Dzong, built to commemorate the 1646 victory over the Tibetan invaders.
- Paro: Join a hike to Taktshang Monastery known as the Tiger's Nest. The hike is a round-trip of about five hours, so it's a good idea to bring comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear.
- Fly to Kathmandu: Fly through the Himalayas once again to return to Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu: See the holiest of Hindu shrines, Pashupatinath Temple.
- Kathmandu: Visit Nepal's most important Buddhist site, Bodhnath. It is also the ancient capital of Bhadgaon.
- Kathmandu: Meet a local pottery craftsman who will explain the traditions and processes of their works, before guiding you as you try for yourself.
Punakha: The Dhensa Boutique Resort sits in lush Punakha Valley and offers spectacular views.
- Kathmandu: Meet a local who has summited Everest and learn about the role played by Sherpa community in Everest expeditions.
- Paro: Enjoy VIP treatment at a special traditional mask dance and cultural show. A key way that Bhutanese people pass on their social values to the next generation, this show includes a spectrum of entertainment bringing elements of folk, song, music all in ornate costumes and masks.
With its ancient culture and the Himalayas as a backdrop, mountainous Nepal is a wealth of centuries-old stupas and temples. Bhutan, with the happiest citizens on earth, is an oasis of tranquillity. On this trip you will enjoy VIP treatment at a traditional mask dance and cultural show, explore the bustling streets of Thamel by rickshaw and flex your culinary skills preparing some Bhutanese delicacies.
- Kathmandu Sightseeing.
- Kathmandu, Paro and Thimphu.
- Punakha sightseeing.
- Chimi Lhakhang.
- Punakha to Paro.
- Paro and Tiger’s Nest Hike.
- Kathmandu Sightseeing.
- Depart Kathmandu.
Visited Countries (2): Nepal, Bhutan
Visited cities (4): Kathmandu, Paro, Thimpu, Punakha
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas. See booking conditions for exemptions.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included flight to safari jeep and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
|Tour (Round Trip)
This is an Organised Group Tour: the itinerary has been predefined by the tour operator. The tour destinations, duration, accommodations, departure dates and the price are fix. You can join, enjoy and meet other people.
- Find interesting destinations per country or region
- Search, download and share tours and cruises that start at home or at your destination
- Compare operators, itineraries, dates and prices to find the best tour for you, whether budget, comfort or pure luxury
- Click on a simple button to view the tour at the Operator website for more information or online booking
- Book at the tour operator directly, without middle men, without additional Terms & Conditions