Home | Tours | Tour Itinerary and Departures
Summary: Off the beaten track cycling - Enjoy the landscapes, flavours and characters of rural Japan|Point-to-Point cycling - Uninterrupted ride for 8 days around the Noto Peninsula|Kyoto - Japan's historic capital, filled with temples and traditional tea houses|T...
- Cycle Japan
- Tour Code
- Tour Sub-Type
- Bicycle Tour
- Travel Style
- Bicycle Tour where you ride a bike
Book at Tour Operator
For more details about this operator / tour and booking you can view the Explore! website by clicking this simple button. You will be redirected to the correct page automatically.
Off the beaten track cycling - Enjoy the landscapes, flavours and characters of rural Japan|Point-to-Point cycling - Uninterrupted ride for 8 days around the Noto Peninsula|Kyoto - Japan's historic capital, filled with temples and traditional tea houses|Tokyo- Explore the modern metropolis|Kanazawa - Visit the gardens of Kenrokuen, one of the most beautiful in Japan|The Noto Peninsula - Cycle amongst the stunning coastal landscapes of the Sea of Japan|Hot springs - Experience the country's famous onsens and soothe your cycling legs|Delicious local food - Enjoy traditional Japanese cuisine with locally sourced ingredients|Shirakawa-go - Visit World Heritage farmhouses and historic towns|Bullet Train - Ride the iconic Shinkansen bullet train to Tokyo||
- Join tour in historic Kyoto
- Kyoto sightseeing by bike. Including Ginkaku-ji and along The Philosopher's Path to the Nanzen-ji temple complex
- Morning train to Kanazawa. Bike tour of Kenroku-en Garden and the old teahouse district
- Cycling around the beautiful Noto Peninsula including the Chirihama Beach Road
- Cycle the coastal road to Wajima, stopping off at the Sojijiso-in temple
- Explore Wajima Market. Continue along the stunning coastal road to Suzu
- Cycle to Noto Ushitsu as we head down the eastern side of the peninsula
- Cycle to Wakura Onsen where ancient, healing hot baths await our arrival
- We begin our journey inland as we head up to Shokawa Onsen
- Our cycle journey concludes at beautiful Shirakawa-go, famous for its traditional gassho-zukuri farmhouses
- Shinkansen bullet train to Tokyo
- Enjoy Tokyo from our base in the historic Asakusa district a stone's throw from Sensoji temple
- Tour ends Tokyo
Visited Countries: Japan
From the ancient city of Kyoto we cycle along quiet roads on the Noto Peninsula and into the highlands around the Shirakawa-go historic village, taking us firmly off the beaten track and providing us with a glimpse of old Japan. Along the way we will see one of the finest Japanese gardens in Kanazawa and enjoy varied mountain scenery and coastal paths. We end our journey travelling by bullet train to modern Tokyo.
||1. Cycle Japan - Shimanami Kaido and the Inland Sea (12 Days)
|Kyoto - Japan's historic Imperial capital|Point-to-Point - Uninterrupted cycle journey from Naruto through to Hiroshima|Shikoku and Awajima Islands - See rural parts of Japan that few travellers visit|Himeji Castle - Visit the finest feudal castle in Japa...
|Next Departure: 08-Apr-2019
||Starting at: USD 4,970.00
This is an Organised Group Tour: the itinerary has been predefined by the tour operator. The tour destinations, duration, accommodations, departure dates and the price are fix. You can join, enjoy and meet other people.
- Find interesting destinations per country or region
- Search, download and share tours and cruises that start at home or at your destination
- Compare operators, itineraries, dates and prices to find the best tour for you, whether budget, comfort or pure luxury
- Click on a simple button to view the tour at the Operator website for more information or online booking
- Book at the tour operator directly, without middle men, without additional Terms & Conditions