Summary: Experience traditional Buddhist cultures of Bhutan
± USD 3,579.00
Price per day
± USD 325.00
- Exodus Travels
- Festivals of Bhutan
- Tour Code
- Travel Style
- Small Group Tour with More Flexibility
- Group Size
- 4 - 16
- Minimum Age
- 18 Years
* Experience Bhutan's colourful, vibrant masked dance festivals * Visit the Paro Dzong and the incredible 'Tiger's Nest' monastery at Taktsang * Drive across the Dochu La and visit Punakha Dzong * Walk in the quiet Gangtey Valley * Visit the impressive Tashichho Dzong in Thimphu * Travel in a country where few foreigners visit and tourism is still in its infancy
Experience traditional Buddhist cultures of Bhutan
- Arrive Kathmandu
- Fly to Paro
- Full day at Paro festival
- Drive to Thimphu
- Morning drive to Punakha
- Morning hike; to Gangtey
- Morning hike in Gangtey; drive to Wangdue
- To Thimphu; visit Memorial Chorten & Tashichho Dzong; continue to Paro.
- Daywalk to Taktsang, Tiger's Nest Monastery.
- Fly to Kathmandu
- End Kathmandu
Visited Countries (2): Nepal, Bhutan
Visited cities (4): Kathmandu, Paro, Thimpu, Punakha
Hidden away in a corner of the Himalaya, the secretive kingdom of Bhutan is an unforgettable destination with ancient traditions, spectacular mountain scenery and vibrant festivals. At these hundreds of people gather to see the monks, dressed in brightly coloured robes, perform ritual dances. For several days there are masked dances and prayer meetings, and a general carnival atmosphere prevails. The spring departures visit Paro Festival, whilst the autumn departures take in Thimpu Festival. The December departure visits the lesser-known Trongsa festival, which is smaller and offers a more intimate experience.
- Breakfast is included throughout the trip plus 8 lunches and 8 dinners whilst in Bhutan.The meals in Bhutan are usually buffet style and include Bhutanese and Western food. Bhutanese food can sometimes be considered a little bland - this is generally because chillies are frequently used in traditional dishes, and these are often omitted to adapt to foreigners' tastes. We will find an assortment of meat, vegetable, rice and potato dishes and many examples of the infamous 'Ema Datshi' (chillies and cheese).Breakfasts are an assortment of cereals, eggs, toast, fruit and often some Bhutanese dishes. Lunches will be taken in a restaurant and dinners are either taken in the hotel or at a local restaurant.Please allow approximately £20-30 ($30-40) per day for other main meals in Kathmandu.
- * All breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners * All accommodation * All transport and listed activities * Tour leader throughout * Flights from London (if booking incl. flights) * Bhutanese visa * Arrival & departure transfers
* Travel insurance * Single accommodation (available on request) * Kathmandu visas or vaccinations
|Tour (Round Trip)
This is an Organised Group Tour: the itinerary has been predefined by the tour operator. The tour destinations, duration, accommodations, departure dates and the price are fix. You can join, enjoy and meet other people.
- Find interesting destinations per country or region
- Search, download and share tours and cruises that start at home or at your destination
- Compare operators, itineraries, dates and prices to find the best tour for you, whether budget, comfort or pure luxury
- Click on a simple button to view the tour at the Operator website for more information or online booking
- Book at the tour operator directly, without middle men, without additional Terms & Conditions