Summary: Explore Madagascar's National Parks, mountains and incredible wildlife.
± USD 2,608.00
Price per day
± USD 186.00
- Exodus Travels
- Trekking in Madagascar
- Tour Code
- Travel Style
- Small Group Tour with More Flexibility
- Group Size
- 4 - 16
- Minimum Age
- 18 Years
* Trek in Isalo National Park * Climb Madagascar's second highest peak - Peak Boby * See lemurs in their natural habitat * Relax on the beach in the coastal town of Ifaty
Explore Madagascar's National Parks, mountains and incredible wildlife.
- Start Antananarivo; overnight.
- Morning city tour; transfer to Ambositra.
- To Antoetra; full-day trek through hills and rice fields, visiting local villages.
- Transfer to Ranomafana N.P.
- Morning visit to Ranomafana N.P.; transfer to Ambalavao in the afternoon.
- Early transfer to Andringitra N.P. to start the three-day trek to climb Peak Boby.
- Andringitra National Park
- Andringitra National Park.
- Visit Anya Reserve to look for Ring-tailed lemurs; to Isalo N.P.
- The first of two days spent exploring isalo National Park.
- Continue exploring Isalo National Park.
- To west coast and beaches; overnight at Ifaty beach.
- Free time for relaxation or optional activities at Ifaty beach.
- Fly to Antananarivo and end.
Visited Countries: Madagascar
Visited cities (3): Antananarivo, Isalo National Park, Ranomafana National Park
This exciting itinerary allows us to experience the incredible diversity of Madagascar, predominantly on foot. We trek in Andringitra National Park, one of the most beautiful and biodiverse parks on the island, and in Isalo National Park with its unique landscape of rock formations, deep canyons, waterfalls and natural swimming pools. We go in search of lemurs in Anja Reserve and visit Ranomafana National Park, walking through spectacular scenery in the hope of spotting endemic lemurs, including dancing sifakas. Throughout the trip, the unique wildlife of this island will enchant and amaze.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners included.The food in Madagascar is generally of a good quality, particularly so by the coast where the seafood is excellent. A one-course lunch/dinner should cost £4-6 while a three-course lunch/dinner should cost £9-12 . Please allow approximately £160 for meals not included, plus a little more if you enjoy a drink with dinner! Malagasy lager is reasonably priced and easily available. Malagasy wine is also reasonably priced but is not to everyone's taste. It is sometimes possible to get hold of French or South African wine. A delicacy in Madagascar is the various flavoured rum’s which are widely sold and very reasonably priced.Please note that if you eat neither fish nor meat, your food options will be rather limited (i.e. omelette, cheese, pasta, vegetables and rice) on this trip. Breakfasts are usually simple: eggs, a baguette, jam and coffee or tea, and sometimes fruit. You may wish to bring something to supplement your morning meal (e.g spread, peanut butter etc).
- * All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners * All accommodation * All transport and listed activities * Tour leader throughout * Flights from London (if booking incl. flights)
* Travel insurance * Single accommodation (available on request) * Visas or vaccinations
|Tour (Round Trip)
This is an Organised Group Tour: the itinerary has been predefined by the tour operator. The tour destinations, duration, accommodations, departure dates and the price are fix. You can join, enjoy and meet other people.
- Find interesting destinations per country or region
- Search, download and share tours and cruises that start at home or at your destination
- Compare operators, itineraries, dates and prices to find the best tour for you, whether budget, comfort or pure luxury
- Click on a simple button to view the tour at the Operator website for more information or online booking
- Book at the tour operator directly, without middle men, without additional Terms & Conditions