Summary: Discover the punchy, herbaceous flavours of Armenia and Georgia on this food adventure. Sitting on the cusp of the Middle East and Eastern Europe, these two countries bring a knowledge, pride and tradition to their cuisine that stretches back centuries. B...
- Intrepid Travel
- Armenia & Georgia Real Food Adventure
- Tour Code
- Travel Style
- Small Group Tour with More Flexibility
- Group Size
- 1 - 12
- Prepare your own tolma (vine-wrapped rice and mince), feast on succulent khorovats (Armenian pork barbecue) and visit a distillery to taste legendary Armenian brandy at the source
- Learn how to make delicious khinkali (Georgian dumplings) and khachapuri (cheese-filled bread) with an expert local foodie
- Tbilisi, Georgia’s capital, is awash with culture, colour and beautiful architecture. A bonus at the end of your city tour is a cahakhokbili (chicken stew) feast with a local family
- Stay overnight in a local guesthouse in Stepantsminda, sitting down to a traditional meal with the family who run it
- Visit the home of the famous Kindzmarauli winery for some exquisite wine and cheese pairings – the result of months of meticulous work by local sommeliers
- Discover the World Heritage-listed church and cathedral in Mtskheta, Georgia’s spiritual heart since Christianity was established in 301
Discover the punchy, herbaceous flavours of Armenia and Georgia on this food adventure. Sitting on the cusp of the Middle East and Eastern Europe, these two countries bring a knowledge, pride and tradition to their cuisine that stretches back centuries. Begin the journey in Yerevan, contrasting traditional Armenian barbecue, grilled trout and tolma with the many spicy aromas of the local market – and of course a drop or two of fine Armenian brandy. Continue the adventure in Georgia, where the charming facades of Tbilisi and the snow-dusted peaks of the Caucasus are the backdrop for culinary adventures, both hands-on and leisurely. Enjoy Adjarian-style khachapuri (cheese pie), hearty chakhokhbili (chicken stew), mtsvadi (meat skewers in marinated in spices and pomegranate), churchkhela (nutty Georgian candy), khinkali (Georgian dumplings), and local wines and cheeses paired by expert sommeliers.
Visited Countries (2): Armenia, Georgia
Visited cities (2): Yerevan, Tbilisi
This is an Organised Group Tour: the itinerary has been predefined by the tour operator. The tour destinations, duration, accommodations, departure dates and the price are fix. You can join, enjoy and meet other people.
- Find interesting destinations per country or region
- Search, download and share tours and cruises that start at home or at your destination
- Compare operators, itineraries, dates and prices to find the best tour for you, whether budget, comfort or pure luxury
- Click on a simple button to view the tour at the Operator website for more information or online booking
- Book at the tour operator directly, without middle men, without additional Terms & Conditions