Spend 2 weeks in Jordan and Egypt visiting the main highlights of Petra, Jerash, the Pyramids, Sphinx, Valley of the Kings and Karnak Temple. Also walk through hills and nature reserves, swim in the Dead & Red Seas and take a Nile felucca trip
- Day 1.
- 2019 - Welcome To Amman, Airport To Hotel Transfer Included
- Day 2.
- 2019 - Visiting Jordan's Desert Castles & Touring Amman
- Day 3.
- 2019 - Explore Ancient Jerash & Hike To Bronze Age Dolmens
- Day 4.
- 2019 - From Ajloun To Madaba, Mount Nebo & The Dead Sea
- Day 5.
- 2019 - Dana Biosphere Reserve & Shobak Castle En-Route To Petra
- Day 6.
- 2019 - A Full Day In Petra & Overnight Wadi Rum Bedouin Camp
- Day 7.
- 2019 - A Jeep Safari And Bedouin Experience In Wadi Rum, Travel To Amman
- Day 8.
- 2019 - Fly To Cairo, Free Time
- Day 9.
- 2019 - Visiting The Great Pyramids And Sphinx Of Giza
- Day 10.
- 2019 - Aswan, Nubian Village And The Philae Temple
- Day 11.
- 2019 - Abu Simbel Option, Then Nile Felucca Cruise
- Day 12.
- 2019 - Edfu Temple, Luxor Temple At Night
- Day 13.
- 2019 - Luxor, West Bank Tour, Karnak Temple, To Hurghada
- Day 14.
- 2019 - Free Time At The Red Sea
- Day 15.
- 2019 - Fly To Cairo And Khan-El-Khalili Bazzar
- Day 18.
- 2020 - Visiting Jordan's Desert Castles & Touring Amman
- Day 19.
- 2020 - Explore Ancient Jerash & Hike To Bronze Age Dolmens
- Day 20.
- 2020 - From Ajloun To Madaba, Mount Nebo & The Dead Sea
- Day 21.
- 2020 - Dana Biosphere Reserve & Shobak Castle En-Route To Petra
- Day 22.
- 2020 - A Full Day In Petra & Overnight Wadi Rum Bedouin Camp
- Day 23.
- 2020 - A Jeep Safari And Bedouin Experience In Wadi Rum, Travel To Amman
- Day 24.
- 2020 - Fly To Cairo, Free Time
- Day 25.
- 2020 - Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum Tour
- Day 26.
- 2020 - Aswan, Nubian Village And Philae Temple
- Day 27.
- 2020 - Abu Simbel Option. Nile Felucca Cruise
- Day 28.
- 2020 - Edfu Temple, Luxor Temple At Night
- Day 29.
- 2020 - Luxor, West Bank Tour, Karnak Temple
- Day 30.
- 2020 - Luxor To The Red Sea At Hurghada
- Day 31.
- 2020 - Red Sea At Hurghada, Free Day
- Day 32.
- 2020 - Drive To Cairo, Old Cairo & Khan-El-Khalili Bazzar Tour
- Day 33.
- 2020 - Cairo, Free Time, Departure Airport Transfer
Visited Countries (2): Egypt, Jordan
Visited cities (11): Abu Simbel, Alexandria, Amman, Aswan, Cairo, Gizeh, Hurghada, Luxor, Madaba, Petra, Wadi Rum
Recently redesigned, this two week Jordan and Egypt tour takes you to some of the most popular attractions in both of these beautiful countries, with activities and experience geared to giving you an authentic Middle Eastern experience.
The Jordan leg of the tour takes you to the capital city of Amman, where we explore its 'desert castles', before we explore downtown Amman on foot, tasting all of its unique foods and exploring its bustling markets. We'll the make our way to the ancient city of Jerash, visit the towering Aljoun Castle and its surrounding forest and hills, searching for the towering Bronze Age Dolmens.We'll spend the night in a friendly local village homestay follows before we descend to the Dead Sea for a swim and float in its incredibly salty waters.
We'll explore the hills around the restored Dana village amidst the Dana Biosphere Reserve en-route to Jordan's biggest highlight, the hidden city of Petra. After spending some time in the rose-red city, we'll head into the Wadi Rum Desert, where we'll camp underneath the stars with the local Bedouins, learning about their nomadic desert lifestyle.
The Egypt leg of the tour starts in Cairo, as we explore its Great Pyramids, Sphinx and Egyptian Museum, before we take a boat trip on the Nile River towards the island Philae Temple. We'll spend a night on the Nile River in a traditional felucca sailboat sleeping on the deck of the boat, with a hotel upgrade available for those who want some more comfort.
Next we explore Luxor, home to one of the largest concentrations of ancient monuments on the planet. We'll see the huge columned temples and halls at Karnak, delve into the Pharaonic tombs in the Valley of the Kings, see the imposing temple of Queen Hatchepsut and walk around Luxor temple as it is beautifully lit up at night.
Our last stop is at the Red Sea for some well-earned relaxation time in a 5-star resort on the coast. Options for snorkelling, scuba-diving and other water sports are available before we fly back to Cairo. Here you have a little free time to explore independently or take an extra optional guided tour, before we take a guided walk through the back streets of the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar and Islamic Cairo.